Ten steps to prepare yourself for a career 50+
- Make sure that you take the time to learn and grow your technology skills and start to engage with social media.
- Build a profile on LinkedIn and other social media channels and learn to network both online and offline. Many of the possible connections and solutions may come via someone you know.
- Make a list of possible opportunities and do some dip stick market research with friends and family to understand if there is a possible opportunity in the market place.
- If you are starting a business, register through all the legal and tax structures needed as well as buying a website domain.
- Volunteer in your area of passion and skill. In this way you may build up the possibility of some paid for work once they see your value and get to know you.
- This process takes time, passion and energy. We are often blind to the possibilities. Work with a career coach to help manage the process.
Lynda Smith is a career coach and can help guide you on this journey.
Contact via www.refirementnetwork.com